Park Properties Management Company is a growing residential and commercial property management company with headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia.
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Payable (AP) Clerk who will be responsible for the day-to-day accounts payables, vendor interaction and monthly reconciliation of invoices. The employee will work under the direction of the Accounting Manager at the company headquarters in Charlottesville, VA.
This is a Full-Time position (40 hours/week).
The Accounts Payable Clerk job duties and responsibilities include:
- Receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintaining financial files.
- Protecting organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishing accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Applicants must have an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Advanced Microsoft Excel applications, Microsoft Word, Business Accounting Software.
- Experience with Yardi preferred.
- Requires ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
- Requires knowledge of technical and professional principles and skills of accounting and finance.
- Must be reliable and detail-oriented.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic and a team player.
- Experience in accounting for property management preferred.
Competitive salary, benefits, and pleasant work environment.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, a satisfactory drug test and background check are required.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.